A little rave ( a little late)

A little rave returns. This week, I've gone for some makeup that I have been loving. 
Now I usually have precise requirements when it comes to daily eyeshadow. 

1. Must be highly pigmented.
2. Must be in the brown family. (I don't dabble with other colours. I wear browns of every variation)
3. Must be affordable. I'm wearing these shadows daily so unfortunately a Tom Ford palette is out of the question. 

And step forth.....

MUA's Eyeshadow Trio in 
Innocence 

A duo chrome dark brown shadow (near enough perfect dupe of MAC's Club) A bronze shade and a champagne (perfect for brow highlight or similar)

and Chocolate Box

A pink hued bronze shade (lovely and warm), a rich chocolate and a rosy pink shade. 

£2.50 (Need I say more) 

Now don't get me wrong, I love a high end eyeshadow palette. I have about six urban decay ones easily came in at over £20 each. The consistency of the shadows are buttery, smooth and the pigmentation is fantastic. However, MUA really hit the nail on the head in terms of quality and value for money. No, the formulation is not as luxurious as other brands but the colour pay off is fantastic for a mere £2.50. Even more so considering a single MAC eyeshadow will now set you back £12.50. 

Swatch of Innocence


One thing to mention is that all these shadows have a metallic finish. None are matte. You can use a wet brush to apply and receive a more intense colour payoff that lasts longer. I always use a primer under eyeshadows as I have oily lids. 

What are your favourite eyeshadows?

xxxHolly



Comments

Popular Posts