Cleanser Battle Royale

I love a good hot cloth cleanser. I was devoted to Liz Earle's cleanse and Polish but I have a suspicion that due to the Avon takeover the formula has been changed. Cue biblical plague upon my face and weeping over the sink. Anyhoo, I began my search for an alternative.



My first short lived affair was with a product I have reviewed favourably before, Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil. Now, I don't want to entirely bash this product as i know so many people who love it and it makes your skin silky smooth. However, the long and short of it is it contains mineral oil and my skin threw an almighty wobbler a couple of days after I started using it.  I have since come to realise that using anything with the aforementioned oil will break me out terribly. So the search continued.


I was then foolishly seduced by a Kiehl's sales assistant. Shame on me. I was a sales assistant at a major cosmetics brand and i know the drill. I said i was after something gentle so she recommended a foaming cleanser. Alarm bells should have been ringing but the next thing I knew I was handing over my debit card.... I don't know what got into me. I tried it and afterwards my skin felt so tight and hot (Not the good type of hot either). BIN! (or given to the boyfriend)


My next purchase was a sensible one. I plumped for Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm after reading rave reviews. Yes, it has the consistency of lard but it removes every scrap of makeup and this includes water proof mascara. You massage it into a dry face and afterwards your skin feels clean and hydrated. The only downside is the lack of any fragrance but sensitive skinned gals will like this. 





Whilst I enjoy using the Clinique balm of an evening, I needed something a bit lighter on my face (and purse) for every day use. Still pining for a Cleanse and Polish replacement, I decided to try Superdrug's Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser after seeing it on offer for £2.99. Yes you read that right. £2.99 for 150mls of product is pretty splendid in my book. Anyhoo, I tried it and I wasn't expecting much. This stuff is awesome. It has a pretty identical feel to Cleanse and Polish but it smells just like suncream. After removing the product with a muslin cloth my skin feels much smoother and plump. I am so happy with this product and will be trying more from the Vitamin E range. 



Do you have a favourite cleanser? 

xx 

Comments

Popular Posts